Renewing Library Materials
Most items can be renewed up to five times if no one is waiting for the item. If you receive a message that an item wasn’t renewed it may be that you’ve already renewed the item five times or that someone else has placed a hold on that item. Please return that item at your earliest convenience.
We offer the following renewal options:
- My Account in the Akron Library mobile app
- Visit www.akronlibrary.org and click My Account
- In-person at any branch or Main Library
- Speak with a staff member by calling 330-643-9025 during Main Library hours, or call your local branch library
- Call our automated circulation system 24 hours a day at 330-643-9240
Please note: If you experience a problem with our telephone renewal system, please renew your items with any of the options listed above. We will be upgrading our telephone renewal systems in the fourth quarter of 2018.