Renewing Library Materials
Most items can be renewed up to five times if no one is waiting for the item. If you receive a message that an item wasn’t renewed it may be that you’ve already renewed the item five times or that someone else has placed a hold on that item. Please return that item at your earliest convenience.
We offer the following renewal options:
- My Account in the Akron Library mobile app
- Visit www.akronlibrary.org and click My Account
- In-person at any branch or Main Library
- Speak with a staff member by calling 330-643-9025 during Main Library hours, or call your local branch library
- Call our automated circulation system 24 hours a day at 330-643-9240
Please note: If you experience a problem with our telephone renewal system, please renew your items with any of the options listed above.