Friends of the Nordonia Branch Library
The Friends of the Library (FOL) groups of the Akron-Summit County Public Library (ASCPL) play an important role in supporting one of the community's most important institutions. Each of the Library's 19 locations benefits from the assistance of FOL members and volunteers.
The purpose of Friends of the Library groups is fourfold:
- To provide financial support by generating supplemental income to help fulfill the Library's mission;
- To provide volunteer help to the Library when and where needed;
- To serve as goodwill ambassadors and promote an informed interest in the Library's services, programs, and materials; and
- To establish closer relations between the Library and the community.
To fulfill this purpose, FOL groups may:
- Initiate and carry out fundraising projects to benefit the Library;
- Co-sponsor Library programs; and
- Help share the Library's purpose and message with the community.
The Friends have provided comfortable seating for patrons of all ages! Check out the wingback chairs at the end of the adult atrium, or the lovely and colorful Story Time rug for our younger patrons – both purchased through the efforts of the Friends.
The Friends also contributed to the efforts of our local Nordona Hills Garden Club, as they re-designed and installed the wonderful upgrades to our public entrance gardens.
Special speakers, authors, crafters, and other professionals – the Friends continue to do their part to provide funding for speaker fees, honorariums, and supplies for these unique events.
Enjoy a hot or cold beverage at any of our regular or one-time programs – Friends have provided all of these refreshments.
The Friends of the Nordonia Hills Branch Library also support the community beyond the walls of the library. They award four annual scholarships to Nordonia High School seniors pursuing higher education. Financial support is also given to the local "Concerts in the Park" as well as the Emergency Assistance Center.
The Friends of Nordonia Hills Branch Library is an organization committed to supporting the work of the Library.
- We raise funds for Library projects and activities through book sales, membership donation, and other Friends fund-raising programs.
- We purchase special supplies and materials to support the Library’s programs, collections, and buildings.
- We support the mission of the Library in the community.
When you join the Friends of Nordonia Hills Branch Library you’ll receive:
- A 15% discount on all regularly-priced purchases at the Library Shop at Main, Main Library.
How Can I Become A Member?
Just fill out an application at your Nordonia Hills branch and return it with a check for the Friends of Nordonia Hills Branch Library Annual Membership gift.
Annual membership gift to the Friends of the Nordonia Hills Branch Library is $5.